Integrated Technical Services | Safety and integrity of facilities
Industrial Ventilation System
GCM Consultants possesses a strong industrial ventilation and air treatment experience in all activity sectors. We offer all the necessary expertise for the prevention of explosions in industrial settings and the mitigation of their impact on both people and property.
Technical Services in Industrial Ventilation
Dust and fumes collecting and handling
- PFDs and P&IDs
- Hoods and dust and fumes collecting networks design
Process emissions control
- Wet atomization systems
- Filters, scrubbers, wet cleaners, electrostatic filters, etc.
- HVAC design
- Power saving
- Pneumatic conveying system design
- Product bagging
Combustible dusts and gases
- Combustible dust characterization (granulometry, Kst, Pmax, MIE, MEC, MIT, LOC, resistivity, etc.)
- Design of explosion protection systems for cyclones, separators, silos, bucket elevators, chutes, etc.
- 3D modelling for equipment Pred calculations
- Nitrogen blanketing
- Static electricity control and lightning protection
Operation, maintenance and engineering personnel training
- Combustible dusts
- Design, diagnostic and problem-solving principles
Technical and compliance audits
- Conformity of installations to NFPA
- Master plan preparation
- Diagnostic and performance audit of collecting networks and air treatment systems
- Sustainable Development
- GHG Reduction
- Treatment of contaminants in gaseous and liquid effluents and soil remediation
- Assistance for permit request preparation
Process Safety Management
- HAZOP, LOPA, etc. Reviews
- Facility Siting
- Training and procedures
- Safety Instrumented Systems (SIS) – SIL Analysis
- Management of explosive dusts
What is Industrial Ventilation?
Industrial ventilation is a crucial field of engineering that aims to improve air quality and working conditions in industrial environments. Our engineers are involved from design, to installation through to maintenance of ventilation systems.
Industrial ventilation focuses on air exchange inside industrial buildings, where various processes can generate pollutants, fumes, dust and toxic vapors. The installation of a ventilation system represents a major challenge for many industries, as it plays a decisive role in safeguarding employee health, guaranteeing optimum safety and improving overall company performance.